How You Can Help Your Library
If you are able, please:
- Give a gift in memory of a loved one or to honor someone special.
- All donations are tax deductible!
The Carlock Public Library District is grateful for gifts. In accepting a gift of materials, the library reserves the privilege of deciding whether items donated should be added to the collection. The Carlock Public Library District accepts donated books and audiovisual materials with the understanding that items which are useful to the library collection will be retained and other items will be disposed of in whatever manner the library director deems suitable.
The library is not able to accept items in poor condition or the following:
- Dirty, musty, mildewed, damaged, or items with an unpleasant odor
- Books or audiovisual materials over 20 years old
- Encyclopedias of any kind or on any subject, regardless of the date of publication
- Textbooks or any kind of school workbooks
- Reader’s Digest Condensed books, regardless of the date of publication
- Books on cassette
- Music CDs not in their original cases
- Stationary or craft items.